Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Service: Interrupted

July 30, 2008 - 9:58 Local Time

So, here's the problem - internet in England is difficult. We are now in Winchester, staying in the dorms of Winchester College. However, I believe the internet there to be turned off for the summer. I'm going to try to work on that tomorrow, but tonight it is too late to do so. I'm hoping that I won't be without (essentially) for the remainder or the time here. Currently, I'm in McDonalds racing against a "free trial" clock, haha.



Quick run-down of the last two days, sans pictures. We left York rather early for Oxford, where we checked-in to the hotel, and then spent the evening at Oxford University. The evening ended with the Office of Compline at New College (Murray's alma mater) - a TRULY beautiful experience. *For those who care, the New College cloisters was the sight of several Harry Potter movie scenes*











This morning we travelled to Winchester and checked-in to the dorms there. We had a large part of the day to ourselves, but sang Evensong at Winchester Cathedral this evening. For my taste, this is the most fun place to sing throughout the whole trip. We will be here for the duration of the trip, so it's really great to be able to experience this space to such a lengthy extent.



The next few days (in case I can't post) will be taken up with a trip to Salisbury and Stonehenge, a trip to Portsmouth, a rather free Saturday and the a VERY busy (three services) Sunday before flying back Monday morning.

I hope I can post more often, but I can't make any promises at this point. I hope this post isn't too incoherant - the music in here is really loud and distracting, haha. Thanks to all for reading, and I will post as soon as possible! ~AJR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that is totally understandable, cant wait to see the pics...nothing like being able to escape into a Mcdonalds lol